TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I think you have a cooling problem that doesn't exist.
People Seeking Info

Subject I think you have a cooling problem that doesn't exist.

Posted by SirpriZ on August 26, 2019 at 3:56 PM
  This message has been viewed 198 times.

In Reply To engine temp, ignition, IACV question posted by MJzTTZ on August 20, 2019 at 09:07 PM

Message At 100* ambient, 204* coolant temp is reasonable. Our cars are not considered to be in a potential overheating condition until the coolant temp reaches above 221* F. If I remember correctly, the auxiliary fan kicks in at 220* F, and automatically turns on when the air conditioning is turned on. The thermostat completely opens at 194* F. I advise you to run at least 25% coolant in your cooling system. That raises the boiling point of the coolant mix, diminishes the tendency of internal passages to oxidize, and lubricates the water pump. I recently added a product made by VP Products called "Cool Down" that reduced my coolant operating temps, based on my gauge readings (it's probably a product similar to Redline Water Wetter). Our gauges are like advanced "idiot lights", meaning they are not linear in their readings, but have specific areas that indicate fairly specific coolant temps. The most important one is that of a reading above middle on the gauge (given that all your sensors are in working order) indicates an overheating situation. It's "normal" for your timing to advance with RPM, load, and various changing engine situations. I'm not familiar with your IACV issue.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.